The faith of one true believer holds the energy of a thousand.



Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bleep Hitting the Fan


Perhaps these economically oppressed times create more unity than divisiveness. The school of hard knocks has hit everyone I know including moi. But I believe in an outreached hand that serves others, thus serving self. The tribal societies knew how to handle drought and famine. The Amish clans gathered round, villages across the world rely on their seasoned strategies to pick themselves up as a family unit. This is not known well enough in the civilized world; in the United States of America.

I read the Wall Street Journal recently. Detroit Michigan is suffering. 900,000 people and they now have only 4 Starbucks. Dear God, they are forced to make their own coffee! No national grocery chain exists in the city and Borders bookstore is 40 miles away. I won't go into the outrage of crashing employment at 22.8% via the auto industry in Detroit. Thirty percent is on food stamps. These statistics, I've read, are the highest in our United States. Will these people move like caravans out of their home state? Or will they learn to farm and create co-ops? What kind of creativity are they aspiring to in order to offset their calamity? Will they sit and feel hopeless, helpless? What is the plan for these folks? Because all of America looks upon them with great compassion and wonder. How will a new life be created?

I have known many friends who have left their home post and planted themselves near country living in states where rivers and forests still reside. To have the sacred land your backyard playground seems unimaginable to city dwellers, if even to learn how to build, plant, nurture gardens for our birds and bees, for human nutrition. To me, that is returning the trust to Mother Earth, where it should be always given exclusively; not to the corporate collective greed of tearing down nature for more and more housing, roads, strip malls, mega malls.

At least we have control on these issues. There are things threatening the planet we have no control over, like the diminished solar activity which many solar physicists have theorized could be due to the breach in the magnetosphere. Some astronomical societies say their helioseismological equipment registers a jet stream deep inside the sun making it migrate slower. This puzzles them because it has been happening over 2 years. Magnetosphere breach disrupting the coronal holes of the sun? I know, its so hard to look outside of our everyday problems.

Have we entered a new phase of thinking about WHAT we should really think about?

Everything is a circle. Are we returning to our roots? I was raised on a massive farm in New Jersey. I have a deep yen to return to that peace. I was in touch with all of nature. That grounded me. Cell phones, loud pharmaceutical commercials, raging mufflers on the road, long lines to anywhere entertaining, extreme markup on food and necessities, computer addiction and such do not ground me. Was that another life to be reincarnated as the end of the circle? Baby boomers are restless. They basically do not know why until they go to an isolated campsite or a trip on a floating houseboat or a slide down a remote mountain. I used to feel like a bird when I skied at the top of June Mountain. All I could hear was the wind and the shoosh of snow. I remember telling myself, you are one with the mountain as I skied past squirrels in trees.

Am I going to take the dive when the bleep hits my fan? Well, I do know one thing. I will take the @#%& lemons and make lemonade.

No comments: