The faith of one true believer holds the energy of a thousand.



Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving Reunion 2013

 That was the goal, no store bought anything. We all made the dishes that were served. Mary Ellen and cousins organized the event.






Sixty seven people, with just a few missing while on vacation or living across country, all gathered at Clubhouse 3 in Laguna Woods, CA to celebrate Thanksgiving this year. I believe there were a few who were not directly related but for comfort sake, Uncles, Aunts, Fathers and Mothers, Grandmothers and Grandfathers, cousins, brothers and sisters drove from as far away as Sacramento, San Francisco, Temecula, San Diego, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, Fontana, Glendora, Costa Mesa, Santa Ana and Tustin and Nevada. Apologies to those pictures I missed- Lea, Matt, Phil Szabo, Tony P., Chuck and Julie, Tony Jr., Nina, Carly, Dean Navarro, Nadine, Jack T, Jolynn, Christy, Gina and Chad, Bren, Tim Jr and Matt Peabody, Matt Pinelli, Phil Pinelli and so sorry your pic did not turn out- Sal and Nick Pinelli. Nick is in culinary school so he hung out with the cooks in the kitchen.

Sister Mary Ellen carried the ball along with cousin Ro and husband Jay at the start. Mom pitched in and one steadfast- always there- former Fire Captain, brother-in-law, Phil. Most of the rest of the family team lent a hand and it launched a spectacular event. 

What was NOT spectacular was my photography skills. You would think I was a Hollywood headshot photographer with the way my camera cut off people's heads. Not Me! I am blaming the camera!!



 My son Jason, now 38 yrs old and Dr. Sandy, cousins.




 Left to right: Tim Peabody, Esq.- Nadine's hubby, Dr. Larry my husband, Jay ( Rosannes husband and Mike Navarro- bro-in-law ( Cathy's hubby.)




 Jason, Marc and Gina(home from college) ( Cathy and Mike's kids) all cousins.



 Nana with Christy and Tim's girl twin, Harper.


 Tim holding boy twin Hudson. The kid never cries!



Mary and Bob Sepe and Frank ( my bro) on the end. Aunt Conny Queen Bee in the Center.

 Bro Dr. Phil with eyes closed and Giancarlo Foppiano- Conny's hubby.



Alicia who we all love, Me and Madeline ( my first cousin) who surprised us coming down from Sacramento! So thrilled to see them!

 Sweet Gina and Dad Mike. Sorry Mike making you headless. :(


 Partner in crime my sis Cathy and moi.

Octogenarians who remain young at heart, Uncle Charley without his cane because he sports a new hip and gave a beautiful prayer at the start and Aunt Sara, forever young. 
Yes we had a wine table.


This was the first and last view of the elongated food table. Can you hear it groaning? There was a wrap around beyond it, holding all appetizers and to the invisible right a dessert table. The menu was astronomical - enough food to feed a military division. I will speak for my family but I would surmise there were many voters but Nadine's appetizer of roasted baby peppers stuffed with goat cheese finished with a balsamic glaze went fast and furious and what a flavor! Sometimes simple combinations work. Another vote from my family was the Manicotta ( or as we say Manicot) from Aunt Conny who was exhausted from making so many!! For dessert I would vote on several: My sister Donna's pumpkin pie with killer crust, Aunt Sara's killer apple pie, JoLynn's powdered cookies and according to my son, Sandy's fresh fruit non baked pie with date and nut crust. There were many other desserts I did not sample. Seriously? people may ask but like the phrase Show me the money, I would equate that to Show me the room in my stomach!


 Jamie's husband Tim and in-laws, Jay and Rosanne. Party people!



Jason and his cousin Jenna ( Mary Ellen and Phil's daughter)
 Johanah on the left ( Phil's dtr) and Gina. The cousins live close to each other now in San Diego.




 Rosanne and Cathy cousins

 Baby Dante, Conny Foppiano( Mary and Bob Sepe's dtr) and Giancarlo Foppiano from San Francisco


 Susan Pinelli( Phil's wife) my sis Donna and Maggie Pinelli (Tony's wife) Susan and Maggie came down from up north.


Gina and Chad's boys
 

 Bree Adamo ( Dr. Chuck and Julie's dtr) holding Sean and Momma - half of a face Jamie who came from Nevada with family! Jamie is Rosanne and Jay's daughter.


 Kelly( Nadine and Tim Peabody's dtr), Amari ( Sandy and Jack's daughter) and Jody ( Dr. Chuck and Julie's youngest)

 Bro Phil and Jay Bagnall


Mare how did I not get your picture? Mom ( Nana, Aunt Carmela) and Donna. We all never seem to age--said no one ever.

The room swelled with bodies and my only disappointment was that I could not sit and chat with everyone for a period of time. I missed so much and we would all need days of quality time to catch up. I'm sure many felt the same way.

The last hurrah was having to learn Bunko in a split second and I frankly never got to fully learn it but thankfully Julie kept the ball going and was the manager of the entire game for everyone. Did I win? Three out of six. ( luck of the dice). The top winner was Madeline who went home with a bucket of dollars. We had fun and it didn't rain!



No comments: